Thursday, December 13, 2007

Just something interesting, I gotta bring this up

This news story easily earns the award for the worst possible title:

US marine guilty of Iraq killing

Kay, let's think this one through. The story deals with a U.S. Marine who stabbed a friendly Iraqi soldier to death. Granted, while the story title probably sounded good to the author, it sounds terrible when put into other context: of course U.S. Marines are killing Iraqis. We manage to kill droves of insurgents every day. That's why, at first glance, the title to this story seems to be a parody of itself. God-awful British wordbutchery, at it's finest.

....no, what I just did is God-awful AMERICAN wordbutchery. Get it right. Geez.


However, I truly want to talk about this:

Call for rethink in obesity fight

Granted, people don't want to be fat. Sure. There's something for that, it's called exercising regularly and watching what you eat. Hell, I eat lots of stuff. BUT THEN I BALANCE IT OUT WITH NOT EATING SO MUCH. If you're overweight and you know it, don't just sit there and feel sorry for yourself; just don't eat as much, get your greens, and go exercise. Simple. 30 minutes every morning you can be jogging, if you're not so lazy that you just want to sleep in. Norway, Schnorway. Do I look at nutrition facts when I buy stuff? Hell no! Would I, if they made them bigger? Probably not. The people who are the size they want to be don't watch that kind of stuff. Those who are truly unhappy, do. So don't try to convince the rest of us to eat better. I wanna have my cake, eat it, sleep in it, and suck it through my nose, all at the same time.

Now I'm not saying I hate fat people. I characterize those of girth as having "more to love." I'm just saying, those people who are big probably don't do so much exercise on a regular basis as some other people.

Also, I'm criticizing the British. Tough love.

No comments:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
♥♥♥

I love you all, now bookmark me!